BookUp one level
Items in this category
- These guidelines are aimed at integrating environmental management of asthma into pediatric health care. These documents outline competencies in environmental health relevant to pediatric asthma that should be mastered by health care providers, and outlines the environmental interventions that should be communicated to patients. Available in English and Spanish.
- The Massachusetts Council of Churches, in partnership with the NCC, is pleased to bring the Healthy Kids, Healthy Churches, Healthy Communities curriculum to the churches of the Commonwealth. We hope and pray that these activities and study sessions will help Christians in Massachusetts live out a faithful witness of health and wholeness, love of creation, and love of neighbor.
- New Pediatric Environmental Health Resource
- The National Environmental Education Foundation announces the new edition of Pediatric Environmental Health from the American Academy of Pediatrics. This publication should be helpful in the field of pediatric environmental health for pediatric health care providers and those in public health.
- This book, which can be downloaded for free, reviews the current evidence on a selection of environmental risk factors for breast cancer, considers gene-environment interactions in breast cancer, and explores evidence-based actions that might reduce the risk of breast cancer. The book sets a direction and a focus for future research efforts and will be of special interest to medical researchers, patient advocacy groups, and public health professionals.
- Healthy Environments Across Generations
- This E-book was published by The Collaborative on Health and the Environment, with other conference partners from the "Healthy Environments Across Generations" gathering held at the New York Academy of Medicine on June 7-8, 2012. The goal of this document is to provide a comprehensive and cogent argument for broader and deeper investments in collaborative, cross-and multi-sector efforts to help prevent disease and disability, and promote health and resilience across the lifespan.